Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hello Anger...

Hello Anger! Here you are again...

You are a faithful visitor and I can always expect to see you often. We have a past together, and obviously we have a present because here you are. I think it's safe to say that I will be seeing you in my future as well. 

As long as your around we might as well have a chat. Come and sit with me and lets discuss our relationship. There are some things that I want you to know.

I accept you as a part of life. I will see your face often. I will feel your breath on my neck and your grip on my throat. You are inevitable. You hover, You whisper, You chase, and You creep.

You show up in the time of my pain. You were there when I my love was rejected. You were around every time I failed. You show up at my job, and when I'm driving. You interrupt my conversations, you are in my tears, my words, and keep me awake at night.

I have slept with You. I have kissed You. I have embraced You. I have danced with You. I have allowed You to rest Your head on my chest.

Does all this sound familiar to You? Yes, I thought it would, and I know why You are here now. The thing is Anger, now, I must "redefine the nature of our association."

No, I am not saying that we will never see each other again. Like I told you before, you are inevitable. However, I cannot allow you to have a place in my heart this time around. 

You will come and you will go quickly, because my life is no longer an extended stay for you.

In the past I thought I needed you to get through my pain, disappointments and heartaches. But now I see there is a different way. Anger, you are so demanding of my attention that I never saw who else comes around in the midst of life's weariness.

Anger, meet the triplets... wisdom, opportunity, and new beginning. I never realized that these ladies came around with you in my time of pain, disappointment, and heartaches. In fact, they are always around. We've been talking , and I realize that they have a lot of life fulfilling things to offer, so I will be chillin' with them for awhile. I have a feeling they can take me places I have never been before, and show me things that I have never seen.

 Don't be sad. We will be seeing each other, but when you come around don't bring your toothbrush, extra clothes, or your pillow because you won't be staying long.

So, thanks for listening Anger. You were always good at that.



1 comment:

  1. Now this is good writing...as a writer I want to encourage you to keep it up!

    ReplyDelete